Thursday, April 21, 2011

Time to bite the bullet.

I've been interested in making my own website for quite a while, but being so public I always felt shy about putting my first attempts up.  Also, I never felt I had anything interesting to put on a web site.

But I decided to go ahead with it.  And I'm starting with Linode as my hosting service, since they have a suite of wonder tutorials that will guide me though all the steps I need to get going.

What finally pushed me over the edge to build one was Nai over at pragmaticstartup)). This guy is starting from ground zero and letting people know about his successes and failures. So, why can't I do the same? Of course my first website will suck, but that's where everyone starts.

I guess I've just let my pride in knowing what I'm doing get in the way of trying new things.

Stupid solarmist, get over yourself or you'll never grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment